The Coarc Live Well Community Health Fair is being held at Columbia Greene Community College, 4400 Route 23 Hudson, NY 12534, on Tuesday March 18, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. This event will be open to the general public and admission is free. The first 100 attendees will receive a free T-shirt and exercise resistance band. This event will provide;
• Insight into different types of medicinal practices – holistic, homeopathic, alternative, traditional etc.
• Vendors from all facets of wellness (financial, emotional, physical, social, environmental, intellectual, spiritual, nutrition, tobacco cessation)
• Fitness activity demonstrations
• Raffles of exciting prizes by vendors
• On-site screenings and chair massage (posture, chiropractic, blood pressure to name a few)
• Free soil PH testing by Master Gardeners of Cornell Cooperative Extension of Columbia & Greene Counties (must provide soil sample)
• Free water testing provided by Claverack Pump (must provide water sample)
• Experience a safety simulation using Fatal Vision Goggles that emulates the experience of driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs provided by the NYS Troopers.
• Information about NY State of Health; the Official Health Plan Marketplace provided by the Columbia County Healthcare Consortium’s Navigator Program.
• Car Seat demonstration and Child Safe ID’s done by Columbia County Sheriff’s Office.