Lionel Richie, Katy Perry, Luke Bryan And More Sing ‘We Are The World’ On TV For The First Time In 35 Years
- It’s been over 35 years since “We Are The World” was sung on national television.
- During the finale episode of American Idol on Sunday (May 17th) Lionel Richie, who originally penned the song along with Michael Jackson, sang the song with Idol contestants and judges.
- The song was brought back in honor of those who are quarantining at home due to COVID-19. The song originally was created in support of African famine relief in 1985, for the charity USA for Africa.
- “We Are The World” is the fastest-selling single in United States history and was re-recorded in 2010 to benefit those affected by the hurricane in Haiti.
- Do you think “We Are The World” is as relevant now as it was in 1985?