This Simple Hack Could Make Your DIY Cloth Face Mask More Effective
- In an effort to get as many face masks looped around peoples’ ears as possible, the DIY crowd began work sewing protective gear.
- While these cloth versions are potentially helpful in preventing the spread of the coronavirus, there’s a simple “hack” to make them even more effective.
- According to researchers at the Missouri University Institute of Science and Technology, adding three layers of coffee filters will do the trick in stopping 24% of particles.
- If your mask doesn’t have an interior pocket, a bandana can still work in a pinch, but try to fold in that filter too.
- How often are you venturing outdoors? What protective measures are you taking?