Indiana Jones 5 Will Be “Something New”
- According to director James Mangold, Indiana Jones 5 will offer something new.
- The movie will have a new touch from someone other than Steven Spielberg! This is a first!
- Initially, Steven Spielberg was on board to team up with Harrison Ford to direct this final adventure.
- However, after many delays, rewrites, and other issues, Spielberg is passing the torch to director Mangold.
- Mangold says the sequel will be a new experience. Mangold tells Comic Book, when he takes on projects it’s about trying to find an emotional center to operate from.
- Mangold adds, I think the most important thing is, in an age when franchises have become a commodity, that serving the same thing again. At least for me, in the dances I’ve had with any franchises, serving the same thing again, the same way, usually just produces a longing for the first time you ate it. Meaning, it makes an audience wish that they just had the first one over again. So, you have to push something to someplace new, while also remembering the core reasons why everyone was gathered. And to use Logan as an example of that, when you’re dealing in a world of a very pressured franchise.
- Indiana Jones 5 is set to be released on July 29, 2022.