Change Crisis Hits More Stores
- Stores like Walmart and CVS are joining the growing list of retailers that prefer for you to pay with a debit card right now.
- The reason? The U.S. is experiencing a nationwide coin shortage. The pandemic stopped the flow of nickels, dimes, and quarters at businesses so the coins aren’t in circulation as much.
- Walmart and CVS are asking customers to pay with a card or with correct change if they can.
- Kroger stores have already been doing this. The grocery chain is also giving customers an option to put the change on a loyalty card for future use.
- What do you use the most – card or cash? Have you noticed a cashier struggling to find change recently?