MTV VMAs Complete Winners List
- The MTV VMAs went virtual on Sunday evening (August 30th) with the show hosted by Keke Palmer. All of New York was the stage for the unprecedented event with audience-less performances, video acceptance speeches, and plenty of masks.
- Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande took top honors with nine nominations, mostly for their collaboration “Rain on Me.” Gaga took several moon men home, winning for best cinematography, best collaboration, song of the year, and artist of the year.
- Miley Cyrus won best art direction and editing for “Mother’s Daughter”, BTS took home statues for best choreography, best K-Pop, best group, and best pop. Best new artist went to Doja Cat.
- Megan Thee Stallion won for best Hip-Hop, Coldplay won best rock, H.E.R won best video for good for her song, “I Can’t Breathe.” In a new category for the pandemic best video from home went to Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande for “Stuck With U.”
- The Weeknd took home the coveted Video of the Year Award as well as best R&B for “Blinding Lights.”