Kobe Bryant’s Death Still Hurts, One Year Later
- It’s been one year since the death of NBA legend Kobe Bryant, his daughter Gianna, and seven others after a fatal helicopter crash and the world is still mourning.
- Lakers center Marc Gasol says that he is still uncomfortable talking about the event in interviews, even one year later.
- Clippers coach- and former teammate of Bryant-Tyronn Lue says that putting up photos of himself with Bryant in his new office still feels to painful.
- For Lakers star LeBron James, it’s a struggle mentally when thinking of his death. “I try not to put myself back in that headspace because it’s just too dark,” said James. “For not only myself but for our organization and for everyone that’s involved in it.”
- The Lakers get to continue honoring Bryant’s legacy: Anthony Davis says, “To this day it’s, ‘Mamba on three’ anytime we bring it in because we still want to recognize that he’s a part of our organization.