A-ha! Halsey Made a Coca-Cola Ad Channeling ‘Take On Me’
- Halsey channels the 80s vibe of the classic song from A-Ha, “Take On Me,” in a 40-second teaser for her latest single, “So Good.”
- Directed by Matthew Dillon Cohen and developed with VMLY&R, the film premiered last week exclusively on Coca-Cola’s Coke Studio digital platform.
- Halsey decorates a canvas that could be a portal to another universe, mirroring the “Take On Me” animated/live-action video.
- Coca-Cola brand director Brandan Strickland says Coke tapped Halsey because “her massive, diverse, primarily Gen Z fanbase—as well as her passion for inclusion and togetherness in music—align perfectly with the purpose of Coke Studio: uniting young people through a shared love of music.”
- What do you think of Halsey’s new song, “So Good?”