Jay-Z Reveals If He Is Retired Or Not
- Jay-Z is being interviewed by Kevin Hart, and Kevin asked Jay if he is retired from rapping or not.
- Jay said, “Nah, I tried [retirement]. I’m terrible at that.”
- He continued, “I just needed a break … I was really burnt out at that time. I was releasing an album every year … I just looked up one day and I was like, ‘I’m tired.’ I’d never been on vacation until, say, 2000, my whole life.”
- He added, “I don’t know what happens next. I’m not actively making music or making an album or have plans to make an album, but I never want to say that I’m retired. It’s a gift, and who am I to shut it off? It’s open to whatever. And it may have a different form or interpretation. Maybe it’s not an album, maybe it is. I have no idea, but I’m just going to leave it open.”
- The full interview of Jay-Z will be featured in season 2 of Hart to Hart on Peacock.
- Would you want another collaborative album from Jay-Z and Beyonce?