Theatre Is Renaming & Dedicating Building To James Earl Jones
- Broadway’s Cort Theatre will be holding a special dedication ceremony to honor James Earl Jones by renaming the theatre after him.
- The renaming ceremony will be going down on September 12th at the Manhattan Theatre District.
- Shubert Chairman and CEO said, “The dedication of the James Earl Jones Theatre honors one of the most beloved Broadway and film actors of all time.”
- The statement continued, “It’s fitting that the renaming of this beautifully restored building also be a moment in which to recognize the tremendous contribution of BIPOC people to Broadway. Mr. Jones’s name quickly rose to the top of the Shubert Organization’s list due to his illustrious career performing in Shubert houses, his status in the Black community, and his worldwide reputation as one of the most celebrated performers to ever grace the Broadway stage.”
- Which movie role from Jame Earl Jones was your favorite?