Bad Bunny To Produce Netflix Adaptation Of Bestselling Young Adult LGBTQ Novel
- Bad Bunny is adapting the novel “They Both Die at the End” for Netflix.
- The Puerto Rican celebrity, born Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio, is teaming up with Chris Van Dusen, creator of Netflix’s blockbuster “Bridgerton,” and Drew Comins, executive producer of Showtime’s Emmy-nominated “Yellowjackets,” to adapt Adam Silvera’s book, Deadline reported Monday.
- The tale follows Mateo and Rufus, two teens who receive a bureaucratic call from Death-Cast, a firm that informs them they will die in 24 hours. According to a book synopsis, the two youths use Last Friend to bond and “experience a lifetime in a single day” together.
- “They Both Die At The End” is the first young-adult novel featuring LGBT Latinx protagonists to top The New York Times Best Seller list in 2017. According to Deadline, Van Dusen, Bad Bunny, Silvera, and Comins are executive producers.
- Have you read “They Both Die At The End?” Do you think it will make a good movie?